Factions VPN's

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Creepervenom143, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Creepervenom143

I feel that VPN's should not be allowed to be used to vote on more than one account a day.This can one brake the economy of factions and can also effect the player base overall. Yes it benefits the server as it would receive up votes. But allowing it to happen can lead to people abusing the 2x multipliers into their favour. And the 2x selling multiplayer being a buy craft item i fell like it should have more restraints when it comes to voting. And if they use their VPN and multiple accounts to gain access to this Booster it can be seem as abuse of something that the whole server can benefit from. But if they use this booster strategically with the VPN giving practically unlimited votes. It can give them a massive upper hand on other factions. Giving them a huge handicap.
    Thanks for taking your time to read this and I hope you take it into consideration.
    Creeprevenom143,

#1 Creepervenom143, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Dragonking

Dragonking Member

Nope not at all u need a shit ton just to get to that 150vote it will take about 30acc just to get to that and no one voting on all of their acc and they won’t be able to track vpn since it’s is not connected with the player.

3. Creepervenom143

It takes 13 people to get the 150 votes. As its 7 per. There are programs that can generate an infinite amount of alt accounts. Combined with this it can be abused in the persons favour.

4. itsjunkii

itsjunkii Member

Firstly I'd like to state that VPN's aren't going to be removed as it allows users to keep their IP private from the internet/ what is out there. Also it doesn't break the economy, Secondly, if someone is bothered to vote that many times then it's worth a 15 minute vote, it's not going to create chaos within the server as it's also a way to contribute towards the server. You say it gives them a huge handicap but actually they don't, also try to refrain from repeating yourself multiple times. On factions, barely anyone plays it's about 10-13 players on a daily basis and barely anyone votes, it takes about 14-15 hours for a booster to actually get on because people simply don't vote. If you're going to complain about someone voting, maybe just because you can't then I suggest you don't make a thread like this. Overall, VPN's aren't going to be disabled because it's helpful the community & the player themselves.

5. muskratexpress

muskratexpress Active Member

VPN's should be removed because as said in the post above me factions rarely gets vote partys and can benefit everyone on factions. vote keys don't give that good of rewards so youd have to vote 1000s of times to make a change in the eco. alt voting is allowed because it gets the server exposure and hopefully someday from alt voting enough people will be on factions and skyblock that we wont need to alt vote.

6. Creepervenom143

I didn't say that the user shouldn't be allowed to have it as personal protection, i said that they shouldn't be used so that the player can exploit it in such way and if you really feel that the player count is such a huge factor to voting party's why don't we make a suggestion for it to be lowered for factions and not allow vpn's being used for double/triple voting. Because personally I feel like it's unfair how someone can be limited to 7 votes a day and then someone have an limitless amount of keys they can acquire by using this method.

7. Dragonking

Dragonking Member

It won’t 2 site blocks vpn vote only 5 per acc somtime 6 never 7

8. Creepervenom143

This doesn't change the fact it gives an unfair advantage.

9. Dragonking

Dragonking Member

U can’t stop people for vpn vote u can’t even track them in the first place

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Creepervenom143

There are logs of you guys wanting to vote on alts just for the booster. I even had musk try to sell it too me.. That can be seen as an exploit.

11. Dragonking

Dragonking Member

Lol go ahead and try people can put random name on vote site and it register as a vote do good luck this won’t happen sadly even if it’s log no one vote on fac beside us

12. Puq

Puq Famous Member

Logs can be edited and there’s no rules against vpn voting.

13. Vemo

Vemo Legendary Member

14. muskratexpress

muskratexpress Active Member

15. Vemo

Vemo Legendary Member

Yes, the ones who own the website even says that abusing their voting system isn't allowed.

16. Windowsvm

Windowsvm Network Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

If you disable cookies you can avoid that issue.

17. Dragonking

Dragonking Member

That the seven link right they have it so u can’t gote with vpn on that site that the only site that u can’t alt vote

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. TheJackLC

TheJackLC Retired Network Owner & Founder

Yeah, I've seen servers been removed when they encouraged bot votes, but if you don't encourage it nothing happens to the server itself, you however could get your IP blocked by the voting site, but highly unlikely, all fairness I could say we won't allow "VPN's" but it's something you can't really prove is being used and hardly causes any harm. Voting is very handy for the server, and for VoteParties to work players need to login to the actual server I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Creepervenom143

@TheJackLC I just personally feel like there should be restrictions in place as there isn't an overly huge player base for the factions server as it stands. And with timezones etc these can be used for either party to take advantage of.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 14, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 14, 2018 ---
    Also in response to what you said about them having to be online with the alt. There is only a limit to how many alts you're allowed on the server at one time. And not how many alts you're allowed to have overall. As in Alts that have been logged in from the players IP.

20. itsjunkii

itsjunkii Member

If you disable VPN's then have fun getting boosters every 3-4 days because barely anyone votes on factions.