Denied Server restart due to lag

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Ghost_Custard, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost_Custard

Ghost_Custard Active Member

IGN Ghost_Custard

Hi I live in the UK and some evenings find that the server is lagging badly with no staff online to organise a restart. Could there be a command that if used by say 10 members within a time period say 1 minute could begin a restart countdown of maybe 5 minutes. This could be flagged to all staff and any staff member online could cancel if nessasary. The restart could have a cooldown set to stop it being triggered by idiots.
    That way you could guarantee a smooth running server and keep players happy. This would give a better gaming experience and keep players on your server instead of drifting away when the lag makes smooth gameplay impossible.

2. Mitran_

Mitran_ Network Moderator

Currently Skyblock has a clock/countdown (/countdown) that restarts the server automatically without needing a staff member, and if we do implement this sort of system there could possibly be abused and overused due to mass amount of groups that can force the countdown without one being needed.

-Still a great idea!
    Thanks

3. Ghost_Custard

Ghost_Custard Active Member

Well your restart cooldown is in dire need of some sort of optamisation. I have watched my Ig's floating in midair for around 15 seconds and I was rubber banding badly. There were no staff online. What are we supposed to do then? If you set a cooldown on a restart command it could not be abused. I love this server and have invested a lot of my money into ranks for 3 members of my family (All Jumbo rank) I want to play but sometimes it is impossible. I understand that there are a limited ammount of staff. But maybe there are some members who you may know personally, or people you may trust maybe Boosted members who could impliment a restart. I have used /countdown when it's lagging and found it's going to be hours before I can play. I am forced to go somewhere else and I am sure others are too.

4. Windowsvm

Windowsvm Legendary Member

The server now restarts on a timer of 9 hours, plus we're currently investing several hundred dollars into a custom TacoSpigot Fork mentioned in Discord Updates, which will resolve all lag issues. Suggestion denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.