By BoostedNetwork on Feb 7, 2018 at 6:46 AM
  1. BoostedNetwork

BoostedNetwork Network Owner
    Former Staff

[​IMG]

Hello Everyone!

This post is simply just to thank everyone for their recent support with BoostedNetwork 3.0 this has probably been our biggest and best launch (Apart from the first couple hours, whats a revamp without some crashes ayy). Now that Skyblock is out and rocking pretty well, with a constant 50 - 130+ players, I haven't seen the server drop below 58 players since we released, and now it's rocking at 88 Players. If you guys and girls didn't see I made a Twitter Post on February 3rd, thanking each one of you for you for joining us on our release, the post includes a screenshot of Tab with 130 players online across the Network (https://twitter.com/BoostedNetwork/status/960026547439656962)

This weekend we're hoping for big things, and possibly for Boosted to hit the 200+ player count again with the release of Factions! Sorry for the delay the map wasn't quite ready but now it is! We've now come up with many ways to attract the most amount of players we could such as sending out another email to EVERYONE making sure they know about the release and that is was a massive success in our eyes at least. Comment down below what you personally think!

Giveaways? That's right P0wer0wner our new Youtuber with 25k Subscribers is hosting a Gigantic Rank Giveaway! Check out his first video right here:

I've personally seen some of P0wer0wner's live streams and videos bring hundreds of players to servers, so lets hope his viewers are just as excited as all of you to play on Boosted, but for us to willingly welcome his supporter base. Not only will P0wer0wner be recording, we also have Tento a 2.3k Youtuber, who also streams quite often, recommended to me by @my_pick_up_truck who quite often watches his streams.

Let's get down to Factions, quick facts:
    Thank you once again everyone for supporting BoostedNetwork with your votes, donations and player activity!​

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by BoostedNetwork, Feb 7, 2018.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. King_potatoes

King_potatoes Member

you think that's good ;3
      your now allowed to claim the corners, so you have to get a owner to come online and un claim it from the warzone for you. your not allowed to claim up against the world border, which creates at least 1 chunk for someone to make a cannon.

i advise you to try play factions... you wont like it, no one else has.
      --- Double Post Merged, Feb 17, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 17, 2018 ---
      and none of the plugins are gonna be changed ;3 the only new things happening are that ./pv is now in German....

2. ZurichRazor

ZurichRazor Member

Well ill give it a shot one day maybe ill get a change of heart

3. King_potatoes

King_potatoes Member

4. BoostedNetwork

Former Staff

If you actually asked instead of acting like you know everything, you would know that FactionsUUID the plugin we use was completely overhauled and updated to a 2.0 version with a custom /f top, /f warp with passwords and /f perms sadly before knowing it had issues the Developer uploaded it to Spigot then removed it days later when all these issues were reported, so any Factions server that is up to date would have the same issues. Same with PlayerVaults its the same developer and we upgraded from his free version to his Premium Version, it's actually in "Dutch" not German anyways, all these issues have been reported and we're awaiting a fix. Also you can claim up against the WorldBorder as I've done it numerous times on an alt, if you have issues record and create a Bug Report, we claim the corners to prevent Factions from controlling all of them at the start of a Season, it doesn't require an Owner to unclaim that's a complete lie, any Admin+ can unclaim the Warzone area for you. If you want to trash the server, just leave, honestly you're not welcome if you continue.

First rule is to prevent people from "bitch" claiming bases to prevent expansions, basically ruining a whole base and making them leave and find another area, it actually allows Factions a chance to build a base, Grace Period is over so you can stop complaining about that, your Faction actually broke those rules anyways so I've got no idea why you're complaining about it anyways. /f map and /f who are FactionUUID commands and have been reported as "broken" we can't downgrade as they upgrade the Faction files. I'll look into what we can do about upgrading the Boosted Kit though, however the kits maybe the same but they get more advantages when it comes to commands etc.

[​IMG]
      From the Developer of FactionsUUID and PlayerVaultsX so it's currently a waiting game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Vemo

Vemo Legendary Member

Can you stop holding this against us? You didn't even put the rules out there for us to follow, and when you did, we didn't do shit.
      You limited us to basically nothing, all because Gang was bitching and crying. When we were on their roof, slowing their base building down, don't you think that wouldn't be a problem for them if they actually were active and didn't have like 28 alts in their faction instead of players? The only active player in Gang is musk, and he was the only one genning walls at that point. If the rest of Gang actually cared to play, they would've been able to kill 2 people on their roof.

6. BoostedNetwork

Former Staff

It was @King_potatoes who brought it up with his rant. Yes you're right it wasn't clearly stated it the rules as we assumed all players new what the rules were during the "Grace Period" however it doesn't make what you didn't any better, but it was the reason why you were never punished for it.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Vemo

Vemo Legendary Member

You can't expect everyone to have the same opinions as you, for example this whole raiding thing. You see slowing a faction down as raiding, we see it as an opportunity because they aren't active.
      Doing so (not explaining), we weren't technically breaking any rules as it was just a way of looking at things when we did it. I'm not asking you to change any rules, however, I am asking you to stop holding that shit against us. It's quite annoying to be called out for breaking non-existent rules all the time, and it being used for you prove your points.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    8. BoostedNetwork

Former Staff

They did exist, you just didn't want to know about them.

9. Vemo

Vemo Legendary Member

They existed in your head, I can't read your mind, if that's what you think. We can argue back and forth about this, just try to listen to what me, my faction and our allies are saying. You're blocking out everything you don't want to hear/read, and say the same things over and over.

10. BoostedNetwork

Former Staff

How come Gang Faction knew the rules then? I never spoke to them prior about it. They had nothing todo with creating the “Grace Period” rules. Yes they did have an input with Combat on other rules.

11. Creepervenom143

Hiya, I know I shouldn't really get involved with this but I do feel like if you'd want a more successful factions server you need to listen to all the player base not just a selected amount of people. For example put yourself into the shoes of the everyday player; no perms, no expectations and no power.. It sucks. Yes i respect the fact you make the server run as well as you can to your ability but some times things just don't work out how we pictured it in our heads. You wanted a RAID FREE grace period. And if I need to explain to you what the term "Raid" is you shouldn't even have a faction server up. Yes you can say that us being on their base is unfair and taking advantage of them. But i can assure you that it is not "Raiding". Gang was fully aware that we had cords to their base and knew the exact location. Legit if they really cared they would get 4/5 online and actually defend their base. That is what makes factions fun. Not being restricted to basically a towny type game mode. And with the rules, we didn't break any after we were told. Also i was told that you claimed that we were 'harassing them' which is completely false. They started to mention personal things into the matter while trash talking which is unacceptable even when on factions. And no 'Gang' did not know the rules. They can claim that they knew them AFTER the events happened and if you say "Use common sense" then you're deluded. Even when using common sense do you really think if it is not stated in the rules we won't do it? Like if you disabled ceggs in the first place nothing bad would of happened. We would of got no leads and no options to break the rules. And with all the bugs i feel as if you didn't test the factions server before hand as still to today i can find multiple bugs with your plugins which aren't to do with FactionsUUID. Also i noticed you deleted Vemo's post so let me rephrase it . If 'Gang' had an input on the rules like you said they do then make sure the whole faction server does. Because i'm sure that can count as abuse of an admin if they only listen to people that are directly involved with them. Anyways have a nice rest of your day/evening. Goodbye.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. BoostedNetwork

Former Staff

You complain of issues and not listening to players yet you haven’t created any Bug Reports there is one currently open which we’re resolving and that isn’t any suggestions. We want public support on changes, I had all the support required for all the current rules from Glacial.

13. Vemo

Vemo Legendary Member

Glacial and boosted are two different servers. Why have factions on Boosted if the factions on both servers are the same?

14. BoostedNetwork

Former Staff

Because they both originally had Faction Servers, reason why we’re not releasing a Prison or Creative server on Boosted, as they’re already on Glacial and we don’t want identical Networks.

15. Vemo

Vemo Legendary Member

They both originally had factions, yes. But they also had their own rules and was going in different directions. However, there's no need to make 2 identical factions servers.

This is just a suggestion, but why not make 2 different factions servers, and you can see which one gets more popularity, then focus on that direction?

16. BoostedNetwork

Former Staff

They weren’t really going their own different ways, last season of Factions was completely broken and dropped within weeks as we needed to start the several months project of QNCore sadly. They’re similar as we only release the best server we can which is currently why they’re both closely identical, otherwise we’d purposely leaving our features on each Network and if someone suggested it we can’t really say no as it’s already developed and only needs to be turned from false to true. What you’re saying is true though we could have two different Faction servers but I’d need someone else to run one as I’ve got my mind set on what I want already and it’s hard to go a complete opposite way to make them different.

17. Vemo

Vemo Legendary Member

You have 2 staff teams at your disposal, including another owner. You and one of the staff teams can focus on one and the other staff team and owner would only have to focus on the other server.

And they were on different paths. One server was toxic, while on the other, toxicity wasn't allowed at all. The rules were different, two different playerbases, two different mindsets (when owned by Swift). The servers were completely different and unique.

18. BoostedNetwork

Former Staff

Boosted was broken and dead, Swift was financially broke from Glacial. So I couldn’t go either way. Having staff teams doesn’t mean they can create a server as they don’t get access to anything apart from perms ingame. Also AMinecraftDev’s whole job is to develop not create server, he would struggle to find time to develop a new core for the other Factions Server.

19. iiRedWolf

iiRedWolf Member

this update is so good:D:D:eek::eek:

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.